Wednesday, May 31, 2017

#BlogPaws 2017 Wake Up Call

So, yes, I realize that it has been a very long time since I have shared with you, and for that I sincerely apologize. Life Happened! That is really my only excuse;)  However, as ponder what I actually have been doing, I don't feel like I have been a slacker.

In the past couple of years, I have:
  • Assisted with a couple of other family businesses
  • Been on the BOD at a local food pantry
  • Helped plan our daughter's wedding and of course, gained a wonderful son-in-law
  • Welcomed our 8th grandchild, and helped our daughter when she was a zombie, due to lack of sleep
  • Gone on mission trips to Togo in West Africa, Tarapoto PERU, Bangkok THAILAND, Iquitos PERU and CUBA.
  • Three months ago, suffered the loss of our 35 year old son, and believe me, the suffering continues. 
  • Had our 15 year old (10th Grade) granddaughter move in with us, with all of the opportunities, like arising very early with a smile on my face, driving her and her friends to the Library to study, to work on the school float, to coffee houses in Farmington and Detroit for poetry readings to get extra credit etc. Yes, it is truly a blessing, not an inconvenience.
  • Realized I have a calling for providing Help and Hope for people in need and a passion for missions and hospital visitation
  • Gone to numerous Choir & Band Concerts, Basketball & Football Games, and Track Meets to cheer on our grandchildren
We have a family business, now going into the 3rd Generation.  We have more than 4 decades of experience in the pet industry, beginning as pioneers in the natural dog chews category, when pig ears first came over from Europe.  We take the trust that pet parents have in us very seriously and want to make sure that we gain and deserve that trust daily. I am also making sure that I have a life well lived. We must make sure that we don't stay so busy making a living, that we forget to make a life.

Just two weeks ago, we went to our first #BlogPaws Conference in Myrtle Beach, SC.  Two things happened. First, we came to realize that there is an entire industry of incredible Bloggers, many of whom are involved in pet shelters and rescue organizations.  They are wonderful people and so much fun. We will be sending them our dog chews to try on their own dogs and write a review. We'll be sharing those with you in the near future.  Secondly, I was reminded of my love of writing, and thus, here I am, pouring out my heart to you. 

Below is my husband of 43 years, Ralph at our booth at #BlogPaws.  He's the real pioneer.



Thank you for taking the time to let me catch-up with you. My daughter Crystal and son-in-law Matt, bring my adorable 6 month old granddaughter Lillyann to work with them, along with their new puppy, Levi.  Before you start thinking, our office and warehouse must be quite a scene, remember, I left you know in advance that this is a family business. We love what we do and we are fortunate to be able to do it together.

Please watch for Crystals blogs, "The Adventures of Lilly and Levi", coming soon with some very stinking cute pictures.  

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

51504 Danview Technology Ct. Shelby Township, MI 48315 USA PH: (586) 737-0797 FAX: (586) 737-0796 Email Customer Care